Friday 20 July 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 20, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Hubschmid and William Scranton.
Two of a Kind, directed by John Herzfeld, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 July 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 July 1917!
Which were the important events of 20 July 1917 ?
- St. Jerome Aemiliani
- St. Rufina
- St. Flavian
- St. Justa
- St. Margaret of Antioch
- St. Sabinus
- St. Joseph of Barsabas
- Brazil - Friendship Day
- St. Ceslas
- Argentina - Dfa del Amigo (Friendship Day)
- Japan - Marine Day (Umi-no-hi, currently it falls on the third Monday in July.)
- Northern Cyprus - Peace and Freedom Day
- Colombia - Independence Day
- Feast day for at least seventeen saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Aurelius
- St. Wulmar/Ulmar
- St. Severa1
- St. Barhadbesciabas
- St. Severa2
- St. Wilgefortis
- International chess day
- Paul Hubschmid: Swiss actor, who was most notable for his role as Henry Higgins in a production of "My Fair Lady.
- William Scranton: Politician.
- Gilles Edelmann: Nevers physician.
- Pact of Corfu signed: Serbs, Croats and Slovenes form Yugoslavia
- WW I draft lottery held; #258 is first drawn.
- World War I: The Corfu Declaration, which leads to the creation of the post-war Kingdom of Yugoslavia, is signed by the Yugoslav Committee and Kingdom of Serbia.
- July 28 ampndash WWI: Austrian and German forces repulse the Russian advance into Galicia.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- The Stars and Stripes Forever March - Sousa's Band
- For Me and My Gal - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- American Patrol - Prince's Orchestra
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic - Reinald Werrenrath