Friday 20 August 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Al Roker and Theresa Saldana.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
The Egyptian, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Don Camillo'S Dilemma by Giovanni Guareschi was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Red Skelton Revue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 20 August 1954 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Al Roker: American television personality.
- Theresa Saldana: Brooklyn, New York -- Actress (Rachel Scali-Commish).
- Quinn Buckner: American basketball player and coach.
- William Quinn Buckner: Phoenix, Illinois -- Basketballer (1976 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Don Stark: American actor.
- Tawn Mastrey: American radio host and producer (d. 2007).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Cara Mia - David Whitfield (Mantovani & His Orchestra)
- Patti Page - What A Dream
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?