Friday 20 August 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 20, 1954). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Al Roker and Theresa Saldana.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Dawn at Socorro, directed by George Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Never Victorious, Never Defeated by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Toi et moi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 August 1954
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1954!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1954 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Al Roker: American television personality.
- Theresa Saldana: Brooklyn, New York -- Actress (Rachel Scali-Commish).
- Quinn Buckner: American basketball player and coach.
- William Quinn Buckner: Phoenix, Illinois -- Basketballer (1976 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Don Stark: American actor.
- Tawn Mastrey: American radio host and producer (d. 2007).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?