Saturday 14 August 1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Fidrych and Alda Balestra.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Robinson Crusoe, directed by Luis Buuel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Mind Alive by Harry Allen Overstreet and Bonaro W. Overstreet was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Red Skelton Revue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1954!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 14 August 1954 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Mark Fidrych: American athlete; he played for the Detroit Tigers baseball team from 1976 until 1980.
- Alda Balestra: Italian model, appointed Miss Italy 1970.
- Stanley McChrystal: American general.
- Nikos Ploumpidis: Greek educator and politician (d. 1954).
- WGR TV (now WGRZ) TV channel 2 in Buffalo, New York (NBC) begins
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Patti Page - What A Dream
- Cara Mia - David Whitfield (Mantovani & His Orchestra)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?