Saturday 14 August 1954US date format: 8/14/1954, UK date format: 14/8/1954
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 14, 1954). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Fidrych and Lincoln Diaz-Balart.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
The Beachcomber, directed by Muriel Box, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while I'Ll Cry Tomorrow by Lillian Roth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Toi et moi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 August 1954
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 August 1954!
Which were the important events of 14 August 1954 ?
- Paraguay - Flag Day
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of several saints: St. Eusebius of Rome
- United States - National Code talkers Day
- Pakistan - Independence Day
- RC saints - Maximilian Kolbe (Polish Franciscan priest martyred by Nazis in 1941)
- Morocco - Allegiance of Oued Eddahab or Rfo de Oro
- United States - National Creamsicles Day
- Mark Fidrych: American athlete; he played for the Detroit Tigers baseball team from 1976 until 1980.
- Lincoln Diaz-Balart: Politician.
- Alda Balestra: Italian model, appointed Miss Italy 1970.
- Stanley McChrystal: American general.
- Nikos Ploumpidis: Greek educator and politician (d. 1954).
- WGR TV (now WGRZ) TV channel 2 in Buffalo, New York (NBC) begins
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Patti Page - What A Dream
- Cara Mia - David Whitfield (Mantovani & His Orchestra)
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?