Tuesday 10 August 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rick Overton and Peter Endrulat.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Magnificent Obsession, directed by Douglas Sirk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Pictures From An Institution by Randall Jarrell was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Red Skelton Revue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 10 August 1954
Is this date important to you?
Commemorate it with a beautiful, custom-made star map of the constellations above you on 10 August 1954. A perfectly unique and touching gift!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1954!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1954 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
Famous Birthdays:10 August
- Netherlands Indonesian Union breaks up
- Sir Gordon Richards retires as a jockey with record 4,870 wins.
- At Massena, New York, the groundbreaking ceremony for the Saint Lawrence Seaway is held.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Patti Page - What A Dream
- Cara Mia - David Whitfield (Mantovani & His Orchestra)
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?