Tuesday 10 August 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Peter Endrulat and Rick Overton.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Robinson Crusoe, directed by Luis Buuel, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Mary Anne by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Red Skelton Revue.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1954!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1954 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
Famous Birthdays:10 August
- Netherlands Indonesian Union breaks up
- Sir Gordon Richards retires as a jockey with record 4,870 wins.
- At Massena, New York, the groundbreaking ceremony for the Saint Lawrence Seaway is held.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 10 August 1954
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1954 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?