Tuesday 10 August 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 10, 1954). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Rick Overton and Peter Endrulat.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
The Beachcomber, directed by Muriel Box, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Fall Of A Titan by Igor Gouzenko was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Toi et moi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 August 1954
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1954!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1954 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
Famous Birthdays:10 August
- Netherlands Indonesian Union breaks up
- Sir Gordon Richards retires as a jockey with record 4,870 wins.
- At Massena, New York, the groundbreaking ceremony for the Saint Lawrence Seaway is held.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Patti Page - What A Dream
- Cara Mia - David Whitfield (Mantovani & His Orchestra)
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?