Tuesday 31 August 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tula (model) and Robert Kocharyan.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Ugetsu, directed by Kenji Mizoguchi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Healing Oath by Andre Soubiran was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching It's a Great Life.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 August 1954!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 31 August 1954 ?
- Trinidad and Tobago - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1962)
- Kyrgyzstan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Malaysia - Hari Merdeka, a National Day (independence within the Commonwealth, 1957)
- Moldova: Day of Our Language (Limba Noastra)
- Calendar of Saints - Saint Aidan of Lindisfarne, San Abbondio, Saint Raymond Nonnatus
- Tula (model)
- Robert Kocharyan
- Julie Brown: American actress, singer-songwriter and screenwriter.
- Christian Geffray: French Africanist anthropologist.
- Tula [Barry Kenneth Cossey]: England, United Kingdom -- Transsexual (For Your Eyes Only).
- Sergio Caputo: Italian recording artist, songwriter, composer, and guitarist, who has released 14 albums on major labels.
- Caroline Cossey: British transsexual, male-to-female model and actress, a.k.
- Elsa Barker: American writer (Born 1869).
- WMTW TV channel 8 in Portland-Poland Spring, ME (ABC) begins
- Hurricane Carol (first major named storm) hits New England, 70 die.
- US Census Bureau is established.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?