Sunday 15 August 1954US date format: 8/15/1954, UK date format: 15/8/1954
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 15, 1954). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Stieg Larsson and Henri de Castries.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Her Twelve Men, directed by Robert Z. Leonard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Fall Of A Titan by Igor Gouzenko was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Toi et moi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 August 1954
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1954!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1954 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Stieg Larsson: Swedish journalist and writer.
- Henri de Castries
- Stanley A. McChrystal: Soldier.
- Mary Jo Salter: American poet.
- Mary Salter: American poet and academic.
- Alfredo Stroessner begins his dictatorship in Paraguay.
- WCHS TV channel 8 in Charleston-Huntington, WV (ABC) begins
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Patti Page - What A Dream
- Cara Mia - David Whitfield (Mantovani & His Orchestra)
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?