Monday 30 August 1954
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alexandre Loukachenko and Norbert Turini.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Suddenly, directed by Lewis Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Mind Alive by Harry Allen Overstreet and Bonaro W. Overstreet was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Captain Midnight.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1954!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 30 August 1954 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- Alexandre Loukachenko
- Norbert Turini: French Catholic clergyman, the Bishop of Perpignan since 18 October 2014.
- Gerard Hadders: Dutch postage stamp designer (1991 children stamp).
- Alexander Lukashenko: Belarusian marshal and politician 1st President of Belarus.
- Ravi Prasad: Indian lawyer and politician Indian Minister of Communications and IT.
- David Paymer: Actor (Love Mary, Mr Saturday Night).
- Hurricane Carol, kills 68
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?