Friday 13 August 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 13, 1954). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Michael Hill and Pat Metheny.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
The Beachcomber, directed by Muriel Box, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Mind Alive by Harry Allen Overstreet and Bonaro W. Overstreet was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Toi et moi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 August 1954
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1954!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1954 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Paul Michael Hill
- Pat Metheny: Musician.
- Francois Hollande: Statesman.
- Lincoln Diaz-Balart: (Rep-R-Florida).
- Sam J. Jones: Actor.
- Rebecca Mark: North American business executive and CEO of an international water and waste treatment company.
- Nico Assumpção: Brazilian bass player (d. 2001).
- Nico Assumpcao: Brazilian bass player (d. 2001).
- Hermann W S Waltershausen: German musicologist / composer, dies at 71.
- 21st NFL Chicago All-Star Game: Detroit 31, All-Stars 6 (93,470)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Patti Page - What A Dream
- Cara Mia - David Whitfield (Mantovani & His Orchestra)
Top #5 songs in the UK
- David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra - Cara Mia
- Kitty Kallen - Little Things Mean A Lot
- Three Coins In The Fountain - Frank Sinatra
- Perry Como - Idle Gossip
- Doris Day - Secret Love
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?