Sunday 29 August 1954
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Etienne Blanc and Greg Keelor.
In UK Cara Mia by David Whitfield With Mantovani & His Orchestra was in the top 5 hits.
Suddenly, directed by Lewis Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while The Royal Box by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Captain Midnight.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 August 1954!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 29 August 1954 ?
- The first day of Thoth - which is the first day of the Egyptian calendar. Thoth is the Ibis-headed god of knowledge.
- Slovakia - Slovak National Uprising Day (1944, against the Nazis)
- Eastern Orthodox Christianity and Roman Catholic Church commemorate the beheading of John the Baptist with a feast day
- 1997 - Judgment Day, from the movie Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- Official Yakiniku Day in Japan as proclaimed by the All Japan Yakiniku Association.
- Etienne Blanc
- Greg Keelor
- Chet Catallo: guitarist (Spyro Gyra - "Morning Dance").
- Michael P Kube-McDowell: American science fiction novelist.
- Michael Kube-McDowell: American journalist author and academic.
- Michael P[aul] Kube-McDowell: United States -- Sci-fi author (Enigma, Empery).
- Julio Fernandez: Jazz guitarist (Spyro Gyra-Morning Dance).
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO) opens.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?