Friday 20 February 1942
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 20, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Miller and Mitch McConnell.
Black Dragons, directed by William Nigh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 February 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1942!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1942 ?
- Claude Miller: French film director, producer and screenwriter.
- Mitch McConnell: American soldier lawyer and politician.
- Phil Esposito: Canadian hockey player with the NHL.
- Peter Strauss: Croton-on-Hudson, New York -- Actor (Rich Man Poor Man).
- Gérard Carreyrou: French journalist and press officer.
- Charlie Gillett in Lancashire: England; rock broadcaster (Sound of the City).
- Mitch McConnell American politician (Senator-Republican-Kentucky: 1985-).
- Guido Gasperini: Composer, dies at 76.
- Lieutenant E H O'Hare single-handedly shoots down five Japanese heavy bombers.
- Lieutenant Edward O'Hare becomes America's first U.S. Navy WWII flying ace.