Wednesday February 20, 2019
US date format: 2/20/2019, UK date format: 20/2/2019
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on February 20, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
The King and I, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
while Becoming by Michelle Obama was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Enemy Within.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 20, 2019?
- The Southern Poverty Law Center reports a 30 percent increase in U.S. hate groups over the past four years with a 7% increase in 2018 alone. (NPR)
- 2019 Venezuelan presidential crisis, 2019 shipping of humanitarian aid to Venezuela: The Venezuelan Navy closes its maritime borders with the Dutch Caribbean islands of Aruba, Curaçao and Bonaire ahead of the planned entry of international humanitarian aid into Venezuela on February 23, which Nicolás Maduro considers a precursor to invasion. (CNN)
- The Venezuelan Navy closes its maritime borders with the Dutch Caribbean islands of Aruba, Curaçao and Bonaire ahead of the planned entry of international humanitarian aid into Venezuela on February 23, which Nicolás Maduro considers a precursor to invasion. (CNN)
- 2019 Dhaka fire: A fast-moving fire has swept through a historic district of Bangladesh's capital Dhaka, killing at least 80 and wounding 50 others. (CNN)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Advertisers Boycott YouTube After Pedophiles Swarm Comments on Videos of Children Google said it had deleted the accounts and channels of people leaving the comments in question, but acknowledged “there’s more to be done.” [..]
- Democrats Want to Tax the Wealthy. Many Voters Agree. A proposal to tax wealth finds support across party lines, along with the premise that the government should combat inequality. [..]
- See all financial news of February 20, 2019