Tuesday February 26, 2019
US date format: 2/26/2019, UK date format: 26/2/2019
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on February 26, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
The Village, directed by M. Night Shyamalan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
On TV people were watching The Enemy Within.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 26, 2019?
- Blessed Edigna
- Saint Mechtild (d. 1154)
- Blessed Leo of Furnes (d. 1163)
- Saint Victor
- See more
- Pakistan reports that Indian military aircraft violated their airspace near Muzaffarabad and were intercepted by Pakistan Air Force (PAF) military aircrafts. Indian Air Force aircrafts in a haste dropped their payload which fell near balakot. India claims that the incident was an airstrike on a alleged Jaish-e-Mohammed camp in Balakot in retaliation to the Pulwama attack days earlier. (Reuters), (New York Times)
- The attack is the first time since Indo-Pakistani War of 1971 that the Indian Air Force has crossed and attacked Pakistan beyond the line of control. As well as the first time since both countries have acquired nuclear weapons. (India Today)
- Two Long Island Rail Road trains collide into a car in Westbury, New York, United States, killing all three occupants in the car. (The New York Times)
- Following Vladimir Putin's warning that Russia would deploy nuclear missiles in Europe if the United States deploys intermediate-range nuclear missiles in Europe, Putin's ally Dmitry Kiselyov lists what he claims are the targets in the United States, which includes The Pentagon, Camp David, Fort Ritchie, McClellan Air Force Base, and Jim Creek Naval Radio Station. Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov denies the existence of the target list. (Reuters), (TASS)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Burned by Russia, Poland Turns to U.S. for Natural Gas and Energy Security Liquid natural gas producers from Qatar, Norway and the U.S. are in line to deliver enough fuel to keep the lights on in Poland — and to complicate relations between Russia and the U.S. [..]
- Fiat Chrysler Plans Michigan Investment With 6,500 Jobs The automaker is spending $4.5 billion on several plants to produce three Jeep models, reflecting consumers’ growing preference for bigger vehicles. [..]
- See all financial news of February 26, 2019