Sunday 20 April 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 20, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Olga Karlatos and Stephanie Buffington.
Born to Kill, directed by Robert Wise, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Doorway to Fame.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 April 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 April 1947!
Which were the important events of 20 April 1947 ?
- USA- National High Five Day
- Blessed Oda (d. 1158)
- Saint Victor (d.303)
- Saint Marcellinus
- Ridv�n begins at sunset (Bah�'f Faith).
- Festival of Matsu, Southeast Asia (2006).
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Taurus.
- Islam - Muhammad's Birthday observed in (2004)
- April 20 (4/20) is associated with 420 (cannabis culture).
- Saint Theotimus (died 407)
- Olga Karlatos
- Stephanie Buffington: American writer who sold her first TV screen play in 1977 as a movie special, "Three on a Date.
- Élisabeth Descombes: French business leader, a former executive director of La Tribune, then CEO of Radio Classique (DI group), and head of Challenges, a French language weekly business magazine.
- Rita Dionne-Marsolais: Canadian economist and politician.
- David Leland: Cambridge, England -- Actor / director (Nothing But Trouble).
- Tim Finchem: Businessman.
- Björn Skifs: Swedish singer-songwriter actor and screenwriter (Blue Swede and Slam Creepers).
- Viktor Suvorov: Russian intelligence officer historian and author.
- Andrew Tobias: American journalist and author.
- Ken Scott: English record producer and recording engineer.
- Bjorn Skifs: Swedish singer (Blue Swede).
- Frederik IX becomes King of Denmark.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1947 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- My Melancholy Baby - Sam Donahue & His Orchestra
- Free Eats - Count Basie & His Orchestra
- Linda - Paul Weston & His Orchestra