Saturday 20 October 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 20, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Danny Boyle and Martin Taylor.
In UK A Woman In Love by Frankie Laine was in the top 5 hits.
The Brave One, directed by Irving Rapper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while King Of Paris by Guy Endore was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Other Man.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 October 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 October 1956!
Which were the important events of 20 October 1956 ?
- October 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day - the B�b
- French Republican Calendar - Orge (Barley) Day, twenty-ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1956 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Frankie Laine - A Woman In Love
- Anne Shelton - Lay Down Your Arms
- Elvis Presley - Hound Dog
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Freddie Bell & The Bellboys - Giddy-Up-A-Ding-Dong
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?