Thursday 21 December 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Junie Astor and Paul Burkhard.
She, directed by George Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 December 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1911!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1911 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Junie Astor: French actress of stage and film.
- Paul Burkhard: composer.
- Leonard Block: American executive and CEO of Block Drug, the manufacturer of Polident drug products.
- Josh Gibson pro baseball player: "Negro Babe Ruth" (hit 800+ homeruns).
- Howard Polk: American astrologer, a lecturer, teacher and writer.
- Josh Gibson: Negro League slugger, dies of a brain tumor at age 35.
- Yves Godard: French Army officer who fought in World War II, First Indochina War and Algerian War.