Monday 21 December 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hu Jintao and Reinhard Frédéric Mey.
Sherlock Holmes and the Secret Weapon, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while And Now Tomorrow by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1942!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1942 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Hu Jintao: Chinese engineer and politician 6th President of China.
- Reinhard Frédéric Mey
- Saundra Sharp: American actress who played Eve on TV's "Wonder Women" 1977-78 and Nurse Peggy Shotwell on the series "St. Elsewhere," 1984.
- Reinhard Mey: German singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Anthony Summers: Irish journalist and author.
- Carla Thomas: US singer ("Let Me Be Good to You").
- Leendert Round: sculptor (Giraffen, Blijdorp), dies at age 63.
- US Supreme court declares Nevada marriage separation legal.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Moonlight Becomes You - Glenn Miller & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?