Monday 21 December 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 21, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hu Jintao and Reinhard Frédéric Mey.
Stand by for Action, directed by Robert Z. Leonard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Voice of America News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 December 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1942!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1942 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- Hu Jintao: Chinese engineer and politician 6th President of China.
- Reinhard Frédéric Mey
- Saundra Sharp: American actress who played Eve on TV's "Wonder Women" 1977-78 and Nurse Peggy Shotwell on the series "St. Elsewhere," 1984.
- Bob Hayes: Athlete.
- Carla Thomas: US singer ("Let Me Be Good to You").
- Leendert Round: sculptor (Giraffen, Blijdorp), dies at age 63.
- US Supreme court declares Nevada marriage separation legal.