Wednesday 17 December 1941
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 17, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include André Lacrampe and Lesley Stahl.
Ball of Fire, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 December 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1941!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1941 ?
- André Lacrampe: French Roman Catholic clergyman, an Archbishop of Besançon.
- Lesley Stahl: Journalist.
- Gilbert Gress: Former French-Swiss football player for Strasbourg, well-known for having coached Stuttgart and Neuchâtel clubs.
- Stan Mudenge: Zimbabwean historian and politician Zimbabwean Minister of Foreign Affairs (d. 2012).
- German submarine U-31 sunk
- German troops led by Edwin Rommel begin retreating in North Africa.
- Dutch and Australian troops lands on Portuguese-Timor.
- World War II: Japanese forces land in Northern Borneo.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1941 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- (There'll be Bluebirds Over) The White Cliffs of Dover - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
- This Is No Laughing Matter - Charlie Spivak & His Orchestra