Tuesday 21 January 1947
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 21, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Jonasz and Jimmy Ibbotson.
Nora Prentiss, directed by Vincent Sherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 January 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 1947!
Which were the important events of 21 January 1947 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- Michel Jonasz: French composer-songwriter, singer and actor.
- Jimmy Ibbotson: Pennsylvania, United States -- Country singer (Nitty Gritty Dirt Band).
- Cherith Baldry: Novelist.
- Jill Eikenberry in New Haven: Connecticut, USA; actress (Ann Kelsey - L.A.
- Pye Hastings: Scottish singer-songwriter and guitarist (Caravan).
- Sweethearts opens at Shubert Theater NYC for 288 performances
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1947 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Managua, Nicaragua - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- Open The Door, Richard! - Jack McVea & His All-Stars