Wednesday 17 June 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 17, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nicola Trussardi and Mohamed Elbaradei.
Jackass Mail, directed by Norman Z. McLeod, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 June 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1942!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1942 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Nicola Trussardi: Italian entrepreneur, a well-known designer, industrialist and creator of high fashion.
- Mohamed Elbaradei
- Joan Van Ark: Actress.
- Mohamed ElBaradei: Egyptian politician Vice President of Egypt Nobel Prize laureate.
- Doğu Perinçek: Turkish lawyer and politician.
- Roger Steffens: American actor and producer.
- Charles Fitzpatrick: Canadian lawyer and politician 12th Lieutenant-Governor of Quebec (d. 1942).
- 1st WWII American expeditionary force lands in Africa (Gold Coast)
- First World War II American expeditionary force lands in Africa (Gold Coast).