Tuesday 21 May 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Mitterrand and Leonard Mullens.
The City Slicker, directed by Gilbert Pratt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 May 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1918!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1918 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Jacques Mitterrand: French military man and noted family member, his brother is François Mitterrand.
- Leonard Mullens: rubber physicist.
- Neb Stewart: American baseball player, a right-handed left fielder who played ten games for the Philadelphia Phillies in September 1940.
- Dennis Day: Irish-American singer and radio and television personality (Jack Benny Show), dies of Lou Gehrigs disease at age 71 (born 1916).
- House of Representatives passes amendment allowing women to vote.
- Army Aviation Section separated from Signal Corps and divided into the Division of Military Aeronautics and the Bureau of Aircraft Production.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- For the Two of Us - Albert & Monroe Jockers
- Roses of Picardy - Lambert Murphy
- A Little Bit of Sunshine - Shannon Four