Monday 22 December 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 22, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques David (bishop) and Beryl Penrose.
Paid, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Looney Tunes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 December 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1930 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Jacques David (bishop)
- Beryl Penrose
- Jacques David: French Catholic clergyman, the Bishop Emeritus of Evreux since 2006.
- Ardalion Ignatyev: Russian sprinter and educator (d. 1998).
- 6 West europe lands signs Convention of Oslo
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1930 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Them There Eyes - Gus Arnheim & His Orchestra (Vocal Rhythm Boys (Bing Crosby)
- Where Have You Been? - Emil Coleman & His Orchestra