Monday 22 December 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques David (bishop) and Beryl Penrose.
Amerikanka, directed by Leo Esakya, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Exile by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1930!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1930 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Jacques David (bishop)
- Beryl Penrose
- Jacques David: French Catholic clergyman, the Bishop Emeritus of Evreux since 2006.
- Ardalion Ignatyev: Russian sprinter and educator (d. 1998).
- 6 West europe lands signs Convention of Oslo
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1930 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Wayne King & His Orchestra - The Waltz You Saved for Me
- Something to Remember You By - Libby Holman
- You're Driving me Crazy - Nick Lucas
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?