Thursday 22 March 1923
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marcel Marceau and Bryan Clieve Roberts.
Souls for Sale, directed by Rupert Hughes, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
while The Enchanted April by Elizabeth von Arnim was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1923!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1923 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Marcel Marceau: French pantomime artist, actor, author, and creator of the internationally acclaimed white-faced clown "Bip," Marceau was awarded two Emmys, a Knighthood in the French Legion of Honor, Officer's rank in the National Order of Merit and comedy rank in the National Order of Arts and Letters of France.
- Bryan Clieve Roberts: Lawyer / civil servant.
- Cor N van Dis Jr Dutch Member of Parliament (SGP: 1971-94).
- Carmen Filpi: American actor (d. 2003).
- The first radio broadcast of ice hockey is made by Foster Hewitt.
- Hockey Night in Canada is first broadcast on the Toronto Star's private station CFCA, making the first hockey broadcast ever.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1923 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Sixty Seconds Ev'ry Minute (I Think of You) - Columbians
- Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra - Crinoline Days
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?