Saturday 22 February 1941
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on February 22, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Giorgos Arvanitis and Hipolito Mejia.
Footsteps in the Dark, directed by Lloyd Bacon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching Tom and Jerry.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 February 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 1941!
Which were the important events of 22 February 1941 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Giorgos Arvanitis: Greek cinematographer.
- Hipolito Mejia: Dominican politician.
- Hipólito Mejía: Dominican politician 52nd President of the Dominican Republic.
- Arthur T Bomber Harris becomes British Air Marshal
- IG Farben decides building Buna-Werke in Auschwitz Concentration Camp
- Nazi SS begin rounding up Jews of Amsterdam
- German assault on El Agheila, Libya.
- HMS ''Shropshire'' (73) bombards Barawa, on the coast between Kismayo and Mogadishu.