Wednesday 22 June 1949
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gary Moffet and Meryl Streep in New Jersey.
Edward, My Son, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
On TV people were watching Fireball Fun-For-All.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 June 1949!
Which were the important events of 22 June 1949 ?
- Gary Moffet: Montreal, Quebec -- Rock guitarist (April Wine).
- Meryl Streep in New Jersey: USA; actress (French Lieutenant's Woman, Sophie's Choice).
- Lindsay Wagner in Los Angeles: California, USA; actress (The Bionic Woman, Paper Chase, Nighthawks).
- Alan Osmond in Ogden: Utah, USA; singer (Osmond Brothers, Donnie and Marie).
- Pierre Amoyal: French violinist and artistic director of the Conservatory of Lausanne.
- Meryl Streep: American actress, the most esteemed actress of her generation, receiving an unprecedented 11 Oscar nominations for her outstanding performances in films including "The Deer Hunter," 1978, "Kramer vs. Kramer," 1979,"The French Lieutenant's Woman," 1981, "Sophie's Choice," 1982, "Silkwood," 1983, "Out of Africa," 1985, "Postcards from the Edge," 1990, "The Bridges of Madison County," 1995, and "One True Thing," 1998. Emmy award winner for her role in 1979 the TV mini series "Holocaust." For stage
- Lindsay Wagner: American actress who, after doing a guest shot in 1976 on the "Six Million Dollar Man," zoomed into her own series, "The Bionic Woman." During the time of her series, she worked a 16-hour day and earned half a million dollars a year. Prior to hitting the big time, she was a model at the age of 14, signing a movie contract in 1971 for $152 a week.
- Larry Junstrom: American bass player (38 Special and Lynyrd Skynyrd)
- Brian Leveson: English lawyer and judge
- Alan Osmond: American singer and producer (The Osmonds)
- Luís Vieira: Portuguese businessman
- Elizabeth Warren: American attorney and law professor
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1949 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Vic Damone - You're Breaking My Heart
- The Four Winds and the Seven Seas - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
- Bali Ha'i - Paul Weston & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?