Saturday 22 March 1947
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 22, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Erik Orsenna and James Patterson.
Buck Privates Come Home, directed by Charles Barton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching Muffin the Mule.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 March 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1947!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1947 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Erik Orsenna: French politician and novelist.
- James Patterson: American author.
- Harry Vanda [Vandenberg] in the Hague: Netherlands; rock guitarist (Easybeats).
- George Ferguson: English architect and politician 1st Mayor of Bristol.
- Priscilla Yates: director (Royal Academy of Dancing).
- Tony Pope: American voice actor (d. 2004).
- Maarten van Gent: Dutch basketball player and coach.
- Patrick Olive: percussionist (Hot Chocolate - "You Sexy Thing").
- President Truman signs executive order calling for loyalty