Wednesday May 22, 1957
US date format: 5/22/1957, UK date format: 22/5/1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on May 22, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gary Sweet and Sharon Deberry.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Butterfly by Andy Williams was in the top 5 hits.
A Face in the Crowd, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Lion And The Throne by Catherine Drinker Bowen was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Leave It to Beaver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in those months ?
Which were the important events of May 22, 1957?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- See more
- KBTX TV channel 3 in Bryan, TX (CBS) begins broadcasting
- Red Sox set AL record by smashing 4 HRs in 6th inning in 11-0 win
- South Africa Government approves race separation in universities.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1957?
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV series released in those months ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?