Sunday 26 May 1957
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Margaret Colin and Diomedes Diaz.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Butterfly by Andy Williams was in the top 5 hits.
20 Million Miles to Earth, directed by Nathan Juran, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Date with the Angels.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 May 1957!
Which were the important events of 26 May 1957 ?
- Saint Germain of Paris
- Blessed Pieter of Ter Duinen
- Saint William of Aquitaine
- Saint Simitrius
- Saint Philip Neri (died 1595)
- Saint Lambert (d.1154)
- Saint Berenger (died 1093)
- Georgia - National Day
- Poland - Mother's Day
- Australia - National Sorry Day
- Margaret Colin: Actress (Independence Day, Three Men & a Baby).
- Diomedes Diaz: Colombian singer.
- Francois Legault: French Canadian politician.
- Pontso SM Sekatle: Lesotho academic and politician.
- Gregory Fitzgerald: American homicide; found guilty of killing his wife in Shelburne, VT, hoping to collect her $110,000 insurance money, May 1993.
- Diomedes Díaz: Colombian singer-songwriter (d. 2013)
- François Legault: Canadian businessman and politician
- Kristina Olsen: American singer-songwriter
- Roberto Ravaglia: Italian race car driver
- Pontso Sekatle: Lesotho academic and politician
- Beverly Hanson wins LPGA Land of Sky Golf Open.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 26 May 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
- Pat Boone - Love Letters In The Sand
- Gale Storm - Dark Moon
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?