Thursday 2 May 1957
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 2, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marie-Ange Bolle and Michael Coyle.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Cumberland Gap by Lonnie Donegan was in the top 5 hits.
Desk Set, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Short Reign Of Pippin Iv by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Leave It to Beaver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 May 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 2 May 1957 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
- Marie-Ange Bolle
- Domonic L Pudwill Gorie in Lake Charles: Louisiana, USA; US Navy/astronaut (STS-91).
- Michael Coyle: American Composer.
- Hervé Laurent: French sailor, a skipper and marine surveyor.
- Marie-Ange Laroche: Frenchwoman whose husband, Bernard, was a murder suspect.
- Vincent Gigante fails to assassinate mafioso Frank Costello in Manhattan.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?