Monday 13 May 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eloise Broady and Manuel ''Mar'' Araneta Roxas II.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Butterfly by Andy Williams was in the top 5 hits.
Desk Set, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Date with the Angels.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1957!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1957 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- Eloise Broady: Houston, Texas -- Playmate (Apr, 1988).
- Manuel ''Mar'' Araneta Roxas II: Philippine politician.
- Claudie Andre-Deshays: French medical scientist, selected as a Cosmonaut in 1985.
- Stefano Tacconi: Italian soccer player, he played with Spoleto (1974–1975, 1976–1977), Inter (1975–1976), Pro Patria (1977–1978), Livorno (1978–1979), Sambenedettese (1979–1980), Avellino (1980–1983), Juventus (1983–1992), and Genoa (1992–1995), and with the Italian national team from 1987 to 1991.
- Alan Ball: American screenwriter, director, and producer.
- David Hill: English organist and conductor
- Andrea Klump: German Red Army Faction terrorist
- Mar Roxas: Filipino economist and politician 24th Filipino Secretary of the Interior
- Koji Suzuki: Japanese author and screenwriter
- Michael Fekete: Hungarian-Israeli mathematician and academic (d. 1957).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 13 May 1957
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
- Buddy Knox - Party Doll
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Pat Boone - Why Baby Why
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?