Monday 13 May 1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 13, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Claudie Haigneré and Alan Ball (screenwriter).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Butterfly by Andy Williams was in the top 5 hits.
A Face in the Crowd, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Scapegoat by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Leave It to Beaver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 May 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1957!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1957 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- Claudie Haigneré
- Alan Ball (screenwriter)
- Claudie Andre-Deshays: French medical scientist, selected as a Cosmonaut in 1985.
- Stefano Tacconi: Italian soccer player, he played with Spoleto (1974–1975, 1976–1977), Inter (1975–1976), Pro Patria (1977–1978), Livorno (1978–1979), Sambenedettese (1979–1980), Avellino (1980–1983), Juventus (1983–1992), and Genoa (1992–1995), and with the Italian national team from 1987 to 1991.
- Alan Ball: American screenwriter, director, and producer.
- Eloise Broady: Houston, Texas -- Playmate (Apr, 1988).
- Andrea Klump: German Red Army Faction terrorist.
- Mar Roxas: Filipino economist and politician 24th Filipino Secretary of the Interior.
- Koji Suzuki: Japanese author and screenwriter.
- David Hill: English organist and conductor.
- Manuel ''Mar'' Araneta Roxas II: Philippine politician.
- Michael Fekete: Hungarian-Israeli mathematician and academic (d. 1957).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
- Buddy Knox - Party Doll
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell) - Chuck Berry
- Pat Boone - Why Baby Why
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?