Wednesday May 15, 1957
US date format: 5/15/1957, UK date format: 15/5/1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 15, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Clark Davis and Jean .
In that special week of May people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Butterfly by Andy Williams was in the top 5 hits.
A Face in the Crowd, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Last Angry Man by Gerald Green was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Leave It to Beaver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in those months ?
Which were the important events of May 15, 1957?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- See more
- 18,000 people at Madison Square Garden - Billy Graham launched a crusade
- At Malden Island in the Pacific, Britain tests its first hydrogen bomb in Operation Grapple. The device fails to detonate properly.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1957?
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
- Buddy Knox - Party Doll
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- Chuck Berry - School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell)
- Pat Boone - Why Baby Why
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV series released in those months ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?