Monday 6 May 1957US date format: 5/6/1957, UK date format: 6/5/1957
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 6, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Bouvier and Richard E. Grant.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Butterfly by Andy Williams was in the top 5 hits.
China Gate, directed by Samuel Fuller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while The Nun'S Story by Kathryn Hulme was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Leave It to Beaver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 May 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1957 ?
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Jean-Pierre Bouvier: French climber and climbing instructor,...
- Richard E. Grant: Actor.
- John Ortberg: Clergyman.
- Jean-Claude Billard: French race horse trainer.
- Last broadcast of I Love Lucy on CBS-TV
- Pulitzer prize awarded to John F Kennedy (Profiles in Courage)
- Italian Government of Segni resigns.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?