Thursday 22 November 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on November 22, 1917). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Etienne Marie and Jon Cleary.
The Adventurer, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 November 1917
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 1917!
Which were the important events of 22 November 1917 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
- Jean-Etienne Marie: Composer.
- Jon Cleary: Australian author and playwright (d. 2010).
- Andrew Huxley: English physiologist and biophysicist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2012).
- Teoberto Maler: German-born explorer (Born 1842).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1917 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Chopin Etude in G Flat Major - Ignace Jan Paderewski
- Tramp, Tramp, Tramp (The Boys Are Marching) - Columbia Stellar Quartet
- For the Freedom of the World Over There - Prince's Orchestra
- Along the Way to Waikiki - Helen Louise & Frank Ferera
- Hush-a-Bye Ma Baby (The Missouri Waltz) - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell