Thursday 22 November 1917
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Etienne Marie and Jon Cleary.
The Silent Man, directed by William S. Hart, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while Mr. Britling Sees It Through by H. G. Wells was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 November 1917!
Which were the important events of 22 November 1917 ?
- R.C. Saints - Feast of Saint Cecilia
- Also see November 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lebanon - Independence Day (from France, 1943)
- Family Day begins in 2005
- Astrology: usually the first day of sun sign Sagittarius
- Jean-Etienne Marie: Composer.
- Jon Cleary: Australian author and playwright (d. 2010).
- Andrew Huxley: English physiologist and biophysicist Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2012).
- Teoberto Maler: German-born explorer (Born 1842).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Darktown Strutters' Ball - Brown Brothers
- Beale Street Blues - Prince's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?