Saturday 22 December 1923
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 22, 1923). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Monique Berlioux and Heinz Bernard Lowenstein.
Home Again, directed by Hallie Meyers-Shyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 December 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1923!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1923 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Monique Berlioux: French swimming champion, an Olympian, a heroine during WWII and a journalist who became director of the International Olympics Committee (IOC).
- Heinz Bernard Lowenstein: Actor / director.
- Piero Grosso: Italy sport Champion.
- Peregrine Worsthorne: English journalist and author.
- Arthur H Bird: Composer, dies at 67.
- Bill Ponsford and Edgar Mayne make 456 opening stand for Victoria in cricket.