Thursday 23 September 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Coltrane and André Cassagnes.
Bardelys the Magnificent, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Gentlemen Prefer Blondes by Anita Loos was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1926!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1926 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- John Coltrane: American musician, a jazz clarinetist and saxophonist, composer and recording artist.
- André Cassagnes: French toy maker created the Etch A Sketch (d. 2013).
- Jimmy Woode: American bassist (Kenny Clarke/Francy Boland Big Band) (d. 2005).
- The League of Nations Slavery Convention abolishes all types of slavery.
- William Lyon Mackenzie King returns to office as Prime Minister of Canada.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1926 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - When the Red Red Robin Comes Bob-Bob-Bobbin' Along
- Where'd You Get Thoes Eyes? - Ted Lewis & His Band
- Mountain Greenery - Roger Wolfe Kahn & His Orchestra
- Valencia (A Song of Spain) - Revelers
- Only You and Lonely Me - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?