Saturday 23 December 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 23, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Johnny Kidd [Frederick Heath] in London and Nancy Graves.
Of Mice and Men, directed by Lewis Milestone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 December 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1939!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1939 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Johnny Kidd [Frederick Heath] in London: England; rocker (Johnny Kidd and the Pirates).
- Nancy Graves: American sculptor and painter (d. 1995).
- La Lupe: Cuban singer, dies at 53 of a heart attack in the Bronx, New York.
- South Australia score 7-821 against Queensland in cricket.
- Finnish counter-offensive at Summa.