Saturday 23 December 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Johnny Kidd [Frederick Heath] in London and Nancy Graves.
The Hunchback of Notre Dame, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1939!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1939 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Johnny Kidd [Frederick Heath] in London: England; rocker (Johnny Kidd and the Pirates).
- Nancy Graves: American sculptor and painter (d. 1995).
- La Lupe: Cuban singer, dies at 53 of a heart attack in the Bronx, New York.
- South Australia score 7-821 against Queensland in cricket.
- Finnish counter-offensive at Summa.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1939 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Chatter Box - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?