Friday 23 July 1943US date format: 7/23/1943, UK date format: 23/7/1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on July 23, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Marie Demange and Bobby Sherman.
This Is the Army, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 July 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 July 1943!
Which were the important events of 23 July 1943 ?
- Egypt - Revolution Day (1952)
- St. Liborius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 2 saints: St. Apollinaris
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the birthday of Haile Selassie
- Roman Empire - Neptunalia held in honor of Neptune
- Libya - Revolution Day
- Papua New Guinea - Remembrance Day
- Jean-Marie Demange: French politician, a member of the UMP (Union for a Popular Movement), and Mayor of Thionville from 25 June 1995 to 21 March 2008.
- Bobby Sherman: Musician.
- Tony Joe White: American singer and songwriter.
- Kay Bailey Hutchison: Politician.
- Larry Manetti: American actor and producer.
- Tony White: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Randall Forsberg: American nuclear freeze advocate (d. 2007).
- Battle of Koersk, USSR ends in Nazi defeat (6,000 tanks)
- US 45th Infantry division occupies north coast of Termini