Saturday 17 January 1931
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Earl Jones and Douglas Wilder.
The Painted Desert, directed by Howard Higgin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
while Years of Grace by Margaret Ayers Barnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Myndell Louis (1931 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1931!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 17 January 1931 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- James Earl Jones
- Douglas Wilder: American politician, the first elected black Governor in U.S.
- James Earl Jones in Mississippi USA actor (Darth Vader - Star Wars Exorcist II Soul Man Roots: The Next Generations).
- L Douglas Wilder: American 66th Governor of Virginia.
- L Douglas: Wilder; American politician (Governor-Democrat-Virginia).
- James Jones: American actor, an imposing character and lead player on stage, screen and TV.
- Don Zimmer: American baseball player and manager.
- Frederick Alfred Fox: Composer.
- Grand Duke Peter Nikolaevich of Russia: son of Grand Duke Nicholas Nikolaevich (Born 1864).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?