Saturday 17 January 1931
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 17, 1931). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Earl Jones and Douglas Wilder.
City Lights, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
On TV people were watching Looney Tunes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 January 1931
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 January 1931!
Which were the important events of 17 January 1931 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of the following saints: St. Anthony and Amelbert.
- Ancient Latvia - Zirgu Diena observed
- James Earl Jones
- Douglas Wilder: American politician, the first elected black Governor in U.S.
- James Earl Jones in Mississippi USA actor (Darth Vader - Star Wars Exorcist II Soul Man Roots: The Next Generations).
- L Douglas Wilder: American 66th Governor of Virginia.
- James Earl Jones: Actor.
- James Jones: American actor, an imposing character and lead player on stage, screen and TV.
- Don Zimmer: American baseball player and manager.
- L Douglas: Wilder; American politician (Governor-Democrat-Virginia).
- Frederick Alfred Fox: Composer.
- Grand Duke Peter Nikolaevich of Russia: son of Grand Duke Nicholas Nikolaevich (Born 1864).