Tuesday 23 March 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Neal Smith (Representative-Democrat-Iowa and Jimmy Edwards.
Sex, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
while Mary-Marie by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1920!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1920 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Neal Smith (Representative-Democrat-Iowa: 1959-).
- Jimmy Edwards: comedy actor (Barnes).
- Geoffrey Bush: composer.
- Neal Smith: American pilot lawyer and politician.
- Tetsuharu Kawakami: Japanese baseball player and manager (d. 2013).
- Perserikatan Communist of India (PKI) political party forms.
- Admiral Horthy declares that Hungary is a monarchy without anyone on the throne.
- The German government asks France for permission to use its own troops against the rebellious Ruhr Red Army in the French-occupied area.
- Irish War of Independence: The Black and Tans special constables arrive in Ireland.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - You Ain't Heard Nothin' Yet
- Tents of Arabs - Conway's Band
- Where the Lanterns Glow - Fred Van Eps (as Van Eps Trio)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?