Tuesday 23 March 1920
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Geoffrey Bush and Jimmy Edwards.
Sex, directed by Fred Niblo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 March 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1920!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1920 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Geoffrey Bush: composer.
- Neal Smith (Representative-Democrat-Iowa: 1959-).
- Jimmy Edwards: comedy actor (Barnes).
- Neal Smith: American pilot lawyer and politician.
- Tetsuharu Kawakami: Japanese baseball player and manager (d. 2013).
- Perserikatan Communist of India (PKI) political party forms.
- Admiral Horthy declares that Hungary is a monarchy without anyone on the throne.
- The German government asks France for permission to use its own troops against the rebellious Ruhr Red Army in the French-occupied area.
- Irish War of Independence: The Black and Tans special constables arrive in Ireland.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Dardanella - Prince's Dance Orchestra
- When the Moon Shines on the Moonshine - Bert Williams
- I Might Be Your Once-in-a-While - Olive Kline
- When It Comes To Lovin' the Girls, I'm Way Ahead of The Times - Eddie Cantor