Sunday February 23, 1919
US date format: 2/23/1919, UK date format: 23/2/1919
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on February 23, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Lloyd George (Liberal), Pope Benedict XV was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Lord Ezra and Héléna Bossis.
Yankee Doodle in Berlin, directed by F. Richard Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 23, 1919?
- Saint Milburga
- Roman Empire - Terminalia held in honor of Terminus.
- Russia - Defender of the Fatherland Day (formerly Red Army Day or Day of Soviet Army and Navy).
- Blessed odilia of Mombeek
- See more
- Fascist Party forms in Italy by Benito Mussolini
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 23, 1919?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Sterling Trio - Dreaming of Home, Sweet Home
- Riccardo Stracciari - There's a Long, Long Trail
- Olive Kline - A Little Birch Canoe and You