Thursday 23 March 1922
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ugo Tognazzi and Marty Allen Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.
Sherlock Holmes, directed by Albert Parker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 March 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1922!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1922 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Ugo Tognazzi: Italian actor, comedian and director whose best known and loved role was that of the gay cabaret owner in "La Cage Aux Follies," for which he won Cannes Best Actor award in 1981.
- Marty Allen Pittsburgh Pennsylvania: comedian (Allen and Rossi), "Hello Dere".
- Horace Howe: American astrologer who joined AFA in May 1973.
- Marty Allen: American comedian and actor.
- 1st airplane lands at the US Capitol in Washington, DC
- KMJ-AM in Fresno CA begins radio transmissions
- WEW-AM in Saint Louis MO begins radio transmissions
- Queensland, Australia abolishes the Legislative Council (Upper House).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1922 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Club Royal Orchestra - The Sheik
- Gypsy Blues - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Stealing - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
- The World is Waiting for the Sunrise - John Steel