Saturday 30 September 1939US date format: 9/30/1939, UK date format: 30/9/1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on September 30, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Marie Lehn and Jean Lehn.
Inspector Hornleigh on Holiday, directed by Walter Forde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Come and Be Televised.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 September 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 September 1939!
Which were the important events of 30 September 1939 ?
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Agricultural Reform (Nationalization) Day
- September 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Translation Day
- Botswana - Independence Day (1966)
- RC Saints - Saint Jerome
- French Republican Calendar - Panais (Parsnip) Day, ninth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Jean-Marie Lehn: French chemist and academic Nobel Prize...
- Piet M Blauw: Dutch MP (VVD).
- Jean Lehn: French chemist who, together with...
- Len Cariou: Winnipeg, Manitoba -- Actor (Four...
- Anthony Green: English painter and academic.
- 1st televised college football game (Fordham vs. Waynesburg at NYC)
- 41 U-boats sunk this month (153,000 ton)
- White Sox reliever Clint Brown sets record of 61st relief appearance
- Germany and Russia agree to partition Poland.
- General W?adys?aw Sikorski becomes commander-in-chief of the Polish Government in exile.