Wednesday 22 March 1922
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mujib ur-Rahman and Stewart Stern.
Sherlock Holmes, directed by Albert Parker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 March 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1922!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1922 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Mujib ur-Rahman: Pakistan -- Sheik / Premier.
- Stewart Stern: screenwriter (Rebel Without A Cause).
- John Gilligan: American lieutenant and politician 62nd Governor of Ohio (d. 2013).
- Louis A Ranvier French anatomist/historian: dies at age 86.
- British court sentences Mahatma Gandhi to six years in prison.
- Radio station WLW in Cincinnati, Ohio begins broadcasting.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1922 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Club Royal Orchestra - The Sheik
- Gypsy Blues - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Stealing - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
- The World is Waiting for the Sunrise - John Steel