Tuesday 28 March 1922
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marianne Alireza and Joey Maxim.
The Man from Beyond, directed by Burton L. King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while The Head of the House of Coombe by Frances Hodgson Burnett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 28 March 1922 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Marianne Alireza: American adventuress who married an Arab and lived in his harem.
- Joey Maxim: American boxer, AKA Joey Maxim, a light heavyweight champion.
- Felice Chiusano: Italian singer, famous for his humour and funny jokes, and widely recognized as the "bald head" of Quartetto Cetra, a popular Italian vocal quartet.
- Berardinelli : Cleveland sports Champions.
- Neville Bonner: Australian politician (d. 1999).
- Grace Hartigan: American painter and educator (d. 2008).
- B Neminathan: Sri Lankan politician.
- Yvette Chassagne: French senior official; the first woman prefect in France.
- 1st microfilm device introduced
- Stanley Cup: Toronto Saint Patricks (NHL) beat Vancouver Millionaires (PCHA), three games to 2.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1922 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Gypsy Blues - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- The World is Waiting for the Sunrise - John Steel
- Club Royal Orchestra - The Sheik
- Stealing - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?