Monday 27 March 1922
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Margaret Stacey and Marcel Conche.
The Man from Beyond, directed by Burton L. King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
while The Head of the House of Coombe by Frances Hodgson Burnett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1922!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1922 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Margaret Stacey: sociologist.
- Marcel Conche: French philosopher, emeritus professor at the Sorbonne University (Paris).
- Barnaby Conrad: American writer and artist, the author and illustrator of bull-fighting novels; a modern Renaissance man.
- Stefan Wul: French science fiction writer, also a dental surgeon.
- Alex Agase: American football player and coach (d. 2007).
- Dick King-Smith: Dick King-Smith English author (d. 2011)
- Dan Kurzman: American journalist and author (d. 2010)
- Murray Olderman: American author and illustrator
- Jules Olitski: Ukrainian-born American abstract painter and sculptor (Born 1922)
- Nikolay Alexandrovich Sokolov composer: dies at age 63.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1922 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Stealing - Carl Fenton & His Orchestra
- Club Royal Orchestra - The Sheik
- The World is Waiting for the Sunrise - John Steel
- Gypsy Blues - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?