Friday 17 March 1922, St. Patrick's Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eugène Descamps and Emile Arce.
Sherlock Holmes, directed by Albert Parker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 March 1922
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1922!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1922 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Eugène Descamps: French trade unionist, who was the secretary general of the CFTC and CFDT.
- Megan Bull: British head mistress (Holloway Jail).
- Emile Arce: France sport Champion.
- Eugéne Descamps: Lomme Politician.
- Patrick Suppes: American psychologist and philosopher (d. 2014).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1922 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- When Buddha Smiles - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- The Song of Love - Edwin Dale
- I Want My Mammy - Al Bernard & Vernon Dalhart