Monday June 23, 1947
US date format: 6/23/1947, UK date format: 23/6/1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 23, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Clement Attlee (Labour), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Bryan Brown and Octavia Butler.
Brute Force, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Borden Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 23, 1947?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- See more
- Compton and Bill Edrich make 370 stand for 3rd wkt vs. South Africa
- US President Harry Truman's veto of Taft-Hartley Act overridden by Congress.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 23, 1947?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Buddy Clark - Peg O' My Heart
- Art Lund - Peg O' My Heart
- Count Basie & His Orchestra - One O'clock Boogie
- Ted Weems & His Orchestra - Peg O' My Heart
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial