Monday 23 June 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on June 23, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bryan Brown and Octavia E. Butler.
Brute Force, directed by Jules Dassin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Borden Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 June 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 23 June 1947 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Bryan Brown: Ausralian actor whose international breakthrough role was in "Breaker Morant" in 1980.
- Pete Maravich: Athlete.
- Octavia E. Butler: Writer.
- Octavia Butler: Writer.
- Bruno Latour: Scientist.
- Compton and Bill Edrich make 370 stand for 3rd wkt vs. South Africa
- US President Harry Truman's veto of Taft-Hartley Act overridden by Congress.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Peg O' My Heart - Ted Weems & His Orchestra
- One O'clock Boogie - Count Basie & His Orchestra
- Art Lund - Peg O' My Heart
- Peg O' My Heart - Buddy Clark