Monday October 23, 1922
US date format: 10/23/1922, UK date format: 23/10/1922
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on October 23, 1922). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Bonar Law (Conservative), Pope Pius XI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include André Blavier and Bernard Peiffer.
Oliver Twist, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 23, 1922?
- Chemistry: Mole Day
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Scorpio in Western tropical astrology.
- Hungary - National Day (revolution of 1956 and the proclamation of the Republic of Hungary in 1989)
- Also see October 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- See more
- Conservative A Bonar forms new government in England
- The German army occupies Saxony and crushes the Soviet Republic of Saxony.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 23, 1922?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra - I'm Just Wild About Harry
- Gallagher & Shean - Mr. Gallagher and Mr. Shean
- Marion Harris - Sweet Indiana Home