Monday 24 May 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 24, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of May people in US were listening to OMG by Usher.
Raajneeti, directed by Prakash Jha, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while This Body Of Death by Elizabeth George was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Passione.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dance on Broadway or Disney Sing It: Family Hits.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 May 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 2010!
Which were the important events of 24 May 2010 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 May
- Paul Gray: American bassist (Slipknot) (Born 1972).
- Ray Alan: English ventriloquist & television entertainer (Born 1930).
- Tapen Chatterjee: Bengali actor from India (Born 1937).
- Raymond V Haysbert: African-American business executive and civil rights leader (Born 1920).
- Virendra Bhatia: Indian politician (Born 1947).
- Morrie Martin: Former Major League Baseball (Born 1922).
- Anneliese Rothenberger: Anneliese Rothenberger (19 June 1924 – 24 May 2010) was a German operatic soprano who had an active international performance career which spanned from 1943 to 1983.
- Petr Muk: Czech composer, musician, performer, and singer (Born 1965).
- Trinidad and Tobago holds a general election, resulting in the victory of the United National Congress, and Kamla Persad-Bissessar becoming its first female Prime Minister. (Xinhua)
- The death toll as a result of severe flooding in Poland reaches 15 as Interior Minister Jerzy Miller says ampquotThe situation is worse than expectedampquot. (RTÉ)
- Hamas announces that it will boycott Palestinian municipal elections, saying said that the elections were being held under the supervision of Prime Minister Salam Fayyad’s “unconstitutional government” and would lack fairness and credibility. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- President of Israel Shimon Peres denies a claims that there was an alleged nuclear pact between Israel and South Africa. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- Australia expels an Israeli diplomat after a probe reveals Israel was behind the forging of four Australian passports linked to the assassination of a Hamas operative in Dubai. (BBC)
- Operation Herrick:
- Colonel Bob Seddon resigns as principal ammunition technical officer of the Royal Logistic Corps citing concerns about ampquotthe pressures on his team operating in Afghanistanampquot. (''Hindustan Times'')
- Sinking of the ROKS ''Cheonan'':
- The South Korean military announces that it will resume the suspended practice of psychological warfare against North Korean guards on the Demilitarized zone, and that it would hold anti-submarine military exercises with the United States. (Al Jazeera)
- South Korea announces that it will refer North Korea to the United Nations Security Council. (BBC)
- Two police officers are killed and six others are wounded by gunmen during unrest in Jamaica's capital, Kingston. (Sky News)
- Partial results show Western-backed leader Meles Zenawi's party is going to win the national Ethiopian election, although there are allegations it was rigged. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- A panel of judges rules that Kenya's Islamic courts favour Islam and that this is unconstitutional as Kenya is a secular country. (BBC)
- Niger proposes reforms that would see only those with a university degree be allowed to run in presidential elections and parliamentary candidates be under the age of seventy and have some form of secondary education. Opposition groups say this discriminates against the 80 per cent of the population that is illiterate. (BBC)
- President of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is met with protests during a speech in Khorramshahr. (Voice of America)
- The International Monetary Fund says ampquotfar-reachingampquot reforms are vital for Spain's economy. (BBC)
- Plane Stupid protesters break into Manchester Airport and lock arms around an aircraft. Flights are suspended. (Sky News)
- At least three people die and four others are critically injured in a school bus crash in Keswick, Cumbria in the Lake District of North West England in the United Kingdom.
- Twentieth Century Fox's hit TV show ''24'' went completely off the air.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2010 ?
Top #11 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Un-Thinkable (I'm Ready)
- Over - Drake
- My Chick Bad - Ludacris Featuring Nicki Minaj
- Everything To Me - Monica
- Nothin' On You - B.o.B Featuring Bruno Mars
- Rihanna - Rude Boy
- Neighbors Know My Name - Trey Songz
- Lil Freak - Usher Featuring Nicki Minaj
- There Goes My Baby - Usher
- Hey Daddy (Daddy's Home) - Usher Featuring Plies
Top #10 Latin songs
- Guapa - Diego Torres
- Nina Bonita - Chino & Nacho
- Te Pido Perdon - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Al Menos - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Banda Los Recoditos - Ando Bien Pedo
- Bachata En Fukuoka - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Cuando Me Enamoro - Enrique Iglesias Featuring Juan Luis Guerra
- Gitana - Shakira
- La Peinada - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
- El Enamorado - Los Titanes de Durango
Top #10 Rock songs
- Stone Temple Pilots - Between The Lines
- The Good Life - Three Days Grace
- Lay Me Down - The Dirty Heads Featuring Rome
- Muse - Uprising
- Phoenix - 1901
- Savior - Rise Against
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
- Muse - Resistance
- Cryin' Like A Bitch! - Godsmack
- Your Decision - Alice In Chains
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Equity One, the U.S. real estate investment trust, said on Sunday it would buy Capital Shopping Centres Group’s U.S. unit in a deal valued at $600 million, Reuters reported. [..]
The relationship between Wall Street banks, hedge funds, insurance companies and related financial sectors and Congressional candidates, advantageous to both sides for many years, is now being tested in ways rarely seen. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $36.17
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $69.42
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $66.66
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $46.28
- 1 CHF = 5.8814 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.4266 CNY
- 1 CAD = 1.0909 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.63 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?