Sunday 24 April 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 24, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to E.T. by Katy Perry.
Bridesmaids, directed by Paul Feig, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Heaven Is for Real by Todd Burpo with Lynn Vincent was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Xanadu.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cooking Mama 4: Kitchen Magic or Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 April 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 April 2011!
Which were the important events of 24 April 2011 ?
- Saint Alexander (died 178)
- Genocide Remembrance Day in Armenia.
- Republic Day in The Gambia (1970).
- Newman's Day.
- 24-Hour Comics Day.
- Saint Maria-Euphrasia Pelletier (d.1868)
- Saint Honorius
- Saint Fidelis of Sigmaringen
- Saint Egbert of Northumbria
- Saint Deodatus
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 April
- Sathya Sai Baba: Indian guru, spiritual figure (Born 1926).
- More than 500 people are killed in Nigeria. (Al Jazeera)
- Military clashes kill 57 people in Sudan. (Al Jazeera)
- NATO fires on Iranian fishermen, wounding them and killing some civilians. (Press TV)
- At least 4 people are wounded at the entrance of a Catholic church after Easter Mass in Baghdad. (BBC)
- A group of 15 Israeli Jewish worshipers entered the Palestinian city of Nablus to pray in the Jewish holy site Joseph's Tomb, without coordinating their visit with the IDF as required by law. After finishing praying, as the Jewish worshipers were leaving Nablus, their cars came under fire from a Palestinian Authority police jeep. Five Israelis were injured in the attack and the nephew of Israeli Culture and Sport Minister Limor Livnat was killed. (Ynet)
- Arab Spring:
- 2011 Syrian protests: Police and soldiers open fire from rooftops in Jabla, killing and injuring nearby people no protest was taking place at the time. An independent investigation is urged into Friday's massacre of close to 100 people as well as Saturday's killings of mourners at the funerals. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Moroccan protests: Thousands of people participate in massive peaceful demonstrations against the government on streets across Morocco, calling for an end to corruption and torture. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Libyan civil war: Deaths continue to climb in the besieged Libyan city of Misrata, while Spanish photojournalist Manu Brabo telephones his parents from the military prison in which he is being held in Tripoli. (BBC)
- 2011 Egyptian revolution: Hosni Mubarak, ousted from the presidency by popular revolution in February, is to be moved to a military hospital in Cairo amid pressure to have him stand trial over corruption and the killing of protesters. (Al Jazeera)
- A magnitude 6.2 earthquake hits southeastern Sulawesi in Indonesia. (NPR)
- Flooding on the Red River of the North forces the evacuation of the Roseau River Anishinabe First Nation community in Manitoba. (Winnipeg Sun)
- Vanuatu Prime Minister Sato Kilman is ousted in a vote of no confidence. Serge Vohor becomes the new Prime Minister of Vanuatu.
- In the United Kingdom, Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change Chris Huhne of Liberal Democrats threatens legal action over ampquotuntruthsampquot told by Conservatives opposed to the Alternative Vote system as the country prepares to vote on the issue. (BBC)
- Scottish football:
- UK police express relief after an Old Firm match between Celtic and Rangers plays out without descending into expected violence related to parcel bombs sent amid increasing sectarian tensions. (''The Guardian'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 24 April 2011
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Nurnberg - Mainz : 0 - 0
- Wolfsburg - FC Koln : 4 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Augsburg - Aachen : 1 - 2
- Fortuna Dusseldorf - Bielefeld : 2 - 0
- Union Berlin - Ingolstadt : 1 - 1
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Ath Madrid - Levante : 4 - 1
- Hercules - La Coruna : 1 - 0
- Mallorca - Getafe : 2 - 0
- Santander - Malaga : 1 - 2
La Liga Segunda DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Barcelona B - Betis : 0 - 3
- Gimnastic - Alcorcon : 2 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in April 2011?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Look At Me Now - Chris Brown Featuring Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes
- All Of The Lights - Kanye West
- Did It On'em - Nicki Minaj
- Moment 4 Life - Nicki Minaj Featuring Drake
- 6 Foot 7 Foot - Lil Wayne Featuring Cory Gunz
- Love Faces - Trey Songz
- Roll Up - Wiz Khalifa
- Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- Where You At - Jennifer Hudson
Top #10 Latin songs
- Lluvia Al Corazon - Mana
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- El Culpable - Espinoza Paz
- Violento - Gracias A Dios
- Cuanto Me Cuesta - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Llueve El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Tu Angelito - Chino & Nacho
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?