Friday 24 December 1926, Christmas Eve
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 24, 1926). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Buissonneau and Robert Bly.
Hotel Imperial, directed by Mauritz Stiller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 December 1926
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1926!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1926 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I Lost My Heart in Monterey (When I Found You) - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- Tonight You Belong to Me - Franklyn Baur
- Someone is Losin' Susan - Harry Reser's Orchestra
- It Made You Happy When You Made Me Cry - Isham Jones & His Orchestra