Friday 24 December 1926, Christmas Eve
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Buissonneau and Robert Changeux.
Flesh and the Devil, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
while Gentlemen Prefer Blondes by Anita Loos was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1926!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1926 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1926 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Why Do Ya Roll Those Eyes? - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- Baby Face - Whispering Jack Smith
- Gentlemen Prefer Blondes - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?